"Listen to him intently. Every action he committed created wisps of song. whether in his blood, his sweat, his shadow or his sigh. His song is there. if you could open, or if you must, close your eyes to see it. it’s all there."
what have i achieved, to deserve a lift?
but i shall despite.
and with the spirits i shall drift.
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
i feel a slight falter.
the thoughts in my mind dont quite run as they used to
when i was younger.
i’ve partitioned my mind often.
whenther it was for purposes of necessarrily adapting new mentalities to overcome situations, or to step into new situations effectively. whatever the cases. many places in mind.
i had done this initially to be able to access these phases at will. a mechanic can fix. a singer can control moods.
strength was the backing behind many.
but the fragility of childish thought and vulnerability was where deep thought, poetry and llove came from. and the many types of understandings of love.
i can fight, i can defend. i can attack.
and these are not automatic responses, but willed forth from conscious streams.
it is consciousness by which i make my choices, and by which i observe.
i realize as of recent i’ve been spending no time for myself. no time able to appreciate space.
i wish to record my thoughts. to walk along myself and see who i am.
but as i’ve aged. life requests more and more of me. and i find i have less and less time.
i shall stop writing right now. and respect myself just a little.
i need sleep.
a man’s fruits come from his labour.
so when i am exhausted.
on the brink of sanity and i burn the candle at both ends
when i walk home, my bulk heaving through the streets
when gravity is sensed in every step.
when i receive too little sleep
or receive another call to come and help repair or fix.
i am reassured that there will be fruit.
and whether or not this is for me.
maybe it is for children whom i dont know.
maybe it is for the pompously rich
maybe the ignorantly fearful.
i know i am helping. i know i am aiding.
i am strength. i continue. i press. i engage.
and if i falter. if the candle is completely burnt and charred.
i just ask for more energy, and stamina.
this is from me, unto the world.
it is not mine.
This guy wears yoga pants and hides his face, then confronts guys who look at his butt.
this is SO important
I love how he CALLS. THEM. ALL. OUT.
But it says a lot about masculinity, that getting called out made them feel attacked as if it put their masculinity/sexuality into question. I can’t believe that last guy was getting so confrontational.